Monday, March 10, 2008

busy week, busier weekend

The kids are on Spring break now for two weeks. Two long weeks. Two long, long weeks full of noise and "mama, mama, mama". They wake up with an "Ok, entertain me" sort of attitude, so I'm going to have to think of something to fill the days and not break the bank. Luckily, it's nice enough now that I could just throw them out. (insert evil cackle here)
Brianna had a busy school week last week because this weekend, she competed in this. They had a dress rehearsal/parent performance on Wednesday, nine performances and practice on Thursday and competition on Saturday. Her team had been working on this since October, so it was a lot of work and practice. When she was first picked, I was walking around like a peacock, since they had to interview and she ended up being one of two third graders picked out of the school. Yes, my genius daughter. I made her. It was the first time for her school and their coach, so we were all super proud that they got third place! Rodrigo was a judge and he loved it too. He was amazed at the kid's creativity. Click on here so you can see an overview of this year's problems. Brianna's team chose problem #5 and Rodrigo judged problem #2. Both very cool. They both absolutely want to do it again next year.
So now you'll excuse me but I have two riled-up kids and a puppy I need to wrangle.

feeling: busy
listening to: Cracker (Low)

2 comments:

Jesser said...

I used to do OM when I was in school! It was always a good time ... but I think my cousins told me they renamed it (at least in CO) to Imagination something or other?!? Glad the kids are enjoying it and want to keep it up. I remember it as being really worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck with finding activities to do.

Ani
foodiechickie.com