Tuesday, July 22, 2008

they got me!!!!!

I had been seeing Twilight everywhere for quite a while. I have to admit that I would pass right by it when looking for books because I really thought it was a book that was made into a movie with Nicole Kidman. Didn't she make a movie by that same name? Anyway, then I started seeing similar covers but noticed it was a different book. I picked one up, read the back, found out it was about vampires and set it back down. I thought it was more Lestat-like. Then I just started hearing about it everywhere. I went to the bookstore and saw that they were holding a midnight party for the new release. Hmm . . . midnight parties are only for extremely popular books. They almost had me. Then I went on to Jenny's site and found out it was being made into a movie starring (drumroll . . . . . . . ) Cedric Diggory. Hel-lo vampire. I knew right then it was only a matter of time.
That same day, I went to the library and immediately saw Eclipse in the express read section. I grabbed it and started looking for the first two. I couldn't find either anywhere so I ended up asking. It turns out there is a waiting list of over 250 people for the first book. Uh, no thanks. I'll just go buy it. -sigh- I did. I liked it. I feel like a dork. I went to buy the second one and the check-out girl was super excited about it and she sort of said more than I wanted to know about the book. Still, I'm liking this one too. I am definitely going to finish reading all three before the third one is due back at the library.
As if it's not bad enough that I have this guilty pleasure series, Rodrigo was making fun of me. He said "First wizards and now vampires, huh? What's next, Dungeons & Dragons?" -groan- Whatever. Anyway, you can watch previews here.

feeling: like a total dork
listening to: NERD, Julian Casablancas & Santogold (My Drive Thru)

No comments: