Wednesday, July 16, 2008

wtf???? shopping

There were some weirdos out yesterday . . .

At Borders . . a lady was yelling, yelling at the cashier because they didn't have any shopping carts. Yes, shopping carts at a bookstore. She didn't want a tote or a little basket, she wanted a shopping cart because she said she had to carry books and her kids. The poor cashier was explaining that they wouldn't fit through the aisles but the crazy lady just went on and on. Weird. She needs a stroller.

At my supermarket there was a young lady buying a banana. One banana. Now this isn't a fruit stand where they might have individual bananas. They sell them here in a bunch. She didn't look homeless or anything but at the same time she didn't look like she was dressed for work and be at a lunch break. I really wish I'd would have asked her why she was buying only one because it's been bothering me since. Could she not afford the bunch? Did she need just one more for a recipe? WTF? I don't get it. We're not in Disneyland where you buy one frozen banana.

I went to pick up a couple of photo prints for Alec's homework. You read right . . . Alec's homework. My picture printer wasn't being helpful. Anyway, I get to the photo department and tell the lady I'm there to pick up pictures. She stayed staring at me like I'd just spoken gibberish or something. I finally had to break the silence and ask what do you need, my name, my phone number, what? She asked for my last name. Then the spelling. Then the phone number. Then to verify my email address. I felt like saying "Seriously? Why don't you just take my fingerprint for the two lousy prints". So she was handing them to me and she started speaking in a weird sort of Old English accent and said "Here you go M'lady". I'm. Not. Kidding.

feeling: I'm not going anywhere else today
listening to: Coldplay (Violet Hill)

4 comments:

Jesser said...

Ummm yea.. People are WEIRD!

Anonymous said...

This is funny. You do realized it's a almost a full moon tonight, right?

foodiechickie said...

WOW.

Michelle said...

what's wrong with buying only one banana? not saying I've done it, but maybe I've split a bunch just to get 2 bananas. It's not that I couldn't afford it, but that two would get eaten and the rest would spoil, and then I'd save them in the freezer thinking I'd use them for banana bread, but end up throwing them out when making more room in freezer. gah! Didn't say I was normal though....