I just finished putting away all the Christmas decorations. The house is a mess. I'm sleepy and seem to be having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I don't think I'll be away from home for over a week anytime soon. I feel like a need a break from the break.
Meanwhile, my vow to blog more in the new year is not going well. I've been working on this for little moments at a time for a few days now, so here it goes. Happy new year, all!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Pretty much, really. I was into organization this year. I feel I accomplished a lot.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, it was baby year. Preggy is in style right now.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time, more time, and more time. Better yet, better time management.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm horrid at dates but I remember events (along with what I was wearing). I'll remember when we went to get the marriage license because I was having a laughing fit, the day we got married, Alec starting kindergarten, election night, getting Badger, Brianna turning TEN, and our first Christmas with just the four of us at home.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
keeping my sanity.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing my time wisely. . . . . again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing more than colds.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my living room set. I love it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom's. I'd have strangled some people if I were her.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain vice presidential nominee and some parents who don't take care of their kids
14. Where did most of your money go?
The house, the car, the kids, the kids, the house, the kids, the house . . . .
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I won't bore you with details any longer . . . getting married and the election.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Burning Up from The Jonas Brothers because it was constantly on around here. Constantly. Both the kids love it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b. thinner, sucka
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
just random projects I keep putting off like decorating my loft and organizing pictures in REAL albums. Oh, and blogging. I was a total blog slacker this year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend New Year’s Eve?
At my mom's in Texas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
None but we bought two lovely night stands, does that count? ; )
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes, people I hadn't heard of this time last year. -insert evil grin here-
25. What was the best book you read?
The last book in the Twilight series is all I can think of now. I liked that one the best. Oh and I really liked The Namesake which I also barely read this year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My Morning Jacket (I know they're not new, but I didn't pay attention before) and Coconut Records.
27. What did you want and got?
a bunch of boring house things I really wanted.
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
There Will Be Blood but I think it's from 2007,
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On the actual day, we had the open house for the kids' school to meet their teachers. I turned 30 something.
31.What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying?
you know, I'd have to say it was getting a pet. We all love Badger and he's definately a new family member.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
strawberry : )
33. What kept you sane?
Rodrigo and caffeine.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This would still have to be Brandon Boyd. -sigh-
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Come on, you know this would take days.
36. Who did you miss?
My mom and grandma. I was used to seeing them anytime not just once every couple of months.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
The kids' teachers. I really, honestly like them both sooooo much.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
If you want something done, you can't sit back and wish for it to happen, you have to do something about it.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I give up. I've been searching lyrics for over an hour trying to find something fitting. No such luck.
feeling: busy, busy, busy
listening to: Weezer (Velouria) <-- yup, the Pixies one