Tuesday, June 30, 2009

organic yvett

I am forever looking for ways to make my blog cuter. About a week or two ago, I did a search for something like cute blog templates or something. I reached several sites, one lead to another and I ended up here. Oh. My. Goodness. I fell in love with her designs. They're exactly what I've had in mind for the longest time. Now, I never check my site meter, but some people do. If she does, I'm going to look like a complete stalker. I walked away from my computer once and didn't get back on until the next day. Anyway, I was in her page for at least 12 hours. Oops. -blush-
So, I've been going back again and again looking over her designs to order one of my own. Today I was reading her blog and I read she's starting up a new Organic Girls blog and is looking for contributors. Gasp! I've been wanting to start up my own blog about how we're trying to be greener. At the kids' school, it is a BIG deal to be green. A school in our same district was named
the greenest school in America by the Ellen show. You can imagine how the rest of the schools in the district are proud and trying to do their best. My kids drew some "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" posters and placed them on their bedroom doors. In fact, Alec just asked me the other day if it was true that not all families are "green". So, little by little, we've been making changes.
I applied to be a contributor to that blog. She only needs 5 founding editors but I sooooooo, sooooooo, sooooooo wish I could be one of them. I just feel like I would be a project that I could really get into. So, anyway, send me good vibes as I await the answer. Oh, and check out her designs. Lovely, eh?

feeling: hopeful, anticipation, making mental blog posts
listening to: Silversun Pickups (Panic Switch)

Update: I got it! I got it! I gooooootttttttt it! As you can tell, I am very excited! April is now working on the template and getting all our info. I can't wait. . . . .

No comments: