Monday, December 29, 2003

holiday update

Here's an update. I've been sick. On Christmas Eve I started feeling a little achy and by Christmas morning, I woke up feeling like that giant nose in those commercials. I've spent the last few days achy, sneezing, coughing, and with a stuffy nose. I still have a bit of a cough but overall, I'm much better. One good thing is that I get a cool raspy voice that I wish I always had.
In my family, Christmas Eve has always been more of a celebration than Christmas Day. As kids, we'd wait up for Santa, pretend to be asleep at midnight, then open our gifts (once we were sure Santa left, of course). Then Christmas Day, we'd either visit relatives or just hang out playing with all the new toys. Well, we still do the same, except we can no longer wait until midnight for Santa. We've adjusted his arrival time to about 10 pm. I bought my mom a pretty pricey perfume gift set this year and she ended up loving the homemade marble magnets. ARGH! If I would've known . . . . I didn't think everyone would like them so much, but everyone did and now they want more. I had left-over marbles so I placed them on pushpins and everyone liked those as well. I received nice gifts as well. I got a sweater, a ring, a bathset in a really cute basket, some kitchen things I really needed, some MAC products I really wanted . . I know I'm forgetting something . . oh well, I can't remember what else. My Christmas Eve went really well. Christmas Day would've been absolutely perfect had I not been sick. All I did was lounge around and not go anywhere. Just a full day of being warm and cozy under the blankets, laying around watching all sorts of countdowns on tv, and drinking good coffee. I think I'll go get a cup right now.

feeling: stuffy
watching: Celebrity Feuds countdown

No comments: