Thursday, January 08, 2004

chef yvett

I like cooking but I don't really know how to do a lot of it. My grandma has made it her goal to teach me how to cook like her. I try. She's a really, really, really great cook, though. She makes everything from scratch and has such good seasoning. I won't go out to eat Mexican food because none of it is as good as my grandma's. Also, I've never really cooked Mexican food either because if we wanted gorditas or something my grandma would make it for us. Today, though, I made a "tres leches" cake (three milks). It was the first time I made one and I was a little nervous. I can bake, but this cake has to be almost liquidy with lots of milk. As a little girl, I wouldn't dare taste these cakes because my dad told me it was cow, goat, and donkey milk. It is actually evaporated milk, sweet condensed milk and whole milk (I used 2%). I was determined to make such a good cake that once it was baked, I made so many holes in it that once I filled it with the milk, it came out nice and mushy. This is how it should be. It passed the Rodrigo taste test and this is how I know it was good. Yay! Next time, I want to top it with kiwi, peach, and strawberry. Yum! Diet? What diet? Oh yeah, needless to say, I haven't started on that yet. I'll keep you all posted.
Good night.

feeling: pleased and full
watching: Just Shoot Me

No comments: