Monday, January 26, 2004

my boring blog

Last Wednesday I spoke to an old friend who told me that my blog was boring. Boring. Not "you could use some images", or some sort of advice, just boring. He doesn't have a blog himself but I can't imagine that it'd be that much more interesting, unless of course he was writing about me. So, I hadn't written except to answer the Friday 5 until today. I got an email from someone who said he enjoys reading this and was wondering what was going on. Awwww. Anyway, to keep in my boring style, nothing is going on. Bye.

I'm kidding. But since I am a TV dork, I saw the Golden Globes last night. Ok, "House of Sand and Fog", "Monster", "Lost in Translation", "In America", "21 Grams", and "The Barbarian Invasions". Do you know what all of these movies have in common? Yes, they have received good reviews and/or award nominations, but what they have in common to me is that I really want to watch them but they are not shown here in El Paso. ARGH! If I want to watch "Honey" or Torque" I can catch it in several locations, but for a good movie I'd probably have to drive to Albuquerque. Either that or cross the border into Mexico. Yes, they show better movies there than here. Granted you get annoying captions, but at least you get to see the film. Needless to say, I miss living in Phoenix. There was like a million more things to do there than there is here. I love my city, but I think it is soooo badly managed. I guess I shouldn't even complain because nobody is forcing me to live here. Anyway, the Oscar nominations are being presented tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that. Usually by the time the academy awards are aired, I've seen most if not all of the films nominated in the major categories. I don't think that'll be the case this year. It's too bad "Torque" or "Too Fast Too Furious" aren't nominated since I'd have ample viewing opportunities for those. That's it for now. I'll probably come back later this evening. Oh, and as for my boring blog critic, as soon as blogger starts taking upgrades again, I'll start adding images for your viewing enjoyment.

feeling: missing Phoenix
listening to: nothing (working)
reading: 100 Years of Solitude

No comments: