Thursday, January 15, 2004

my crazy afternoon

Silence. I love the way it, uh, doesn't sound. My house is nice and quiet right now. Ahhhhh. My brother, his girlfriend, and my 2 year old nephew came over today. On the way over, they had some car trouble. They came over, dropped off my nephew then left to buy some part for the car. Suddenly, I was alone with 5 year old Brianna, 2 year old Darian, and 6 month old Alec. My nephew then made it his goal to have me follow him around saying, " no, Darian, no Darian, no please Darian, please Darian, please Darian." I have puzzle magnets on my refrigerator and a few of them ended stuck inside the printer, potato chip crumbs are on the sofa and carpet, a cookie is on the bookcase, and I'm sure that there'll be a few more surprises for me. Brianna decided to close the door to her room and not let anyone in because "no boys are allowed" and "it is not a room for babies". I brought out a lot of toys for Darian which he then threw across the living room. Finally, I thought a little music might help. I made the HUGE mistake of going to the Badger, badger page. I knew that Brianna liked it, but I never imagined that she and Darian would start dancing around together to this. After a few minutes, I was losing my mind and closed the page, but they both made a fuss and wanted more. Darian loved the snake and they would both slither on the floor during that part. Alec was amazed and he would scream and try to jump. The whole afternoon was an adventure. I won't even get into the run-by dinner. Alec is asleep now, Darian is home, and Brianna is playing in her room. It is nice and quiet here. Let's see how long this lasts. . . . .

feeling: relaxed & relieved
listening to: nothing!

No comments: