Monday, March 29, 2004

my busy weekend

my busy weekend

Once again I had a very busy weekend! On Friday we received a flyer from Lowe's in the mail. Since Rodrigo and I were talking about fixing up the backyard, we went to take a look at the garden stuff. I immediately regretted not taking the camera because there was about a million hummingbirds fluttering around. We spoke to a consultant and explained how our yard was and what we want to do. Let me explain. We have a HUGE yard with nothing but dirt, a few rocks and weeds. I thought we should get the yard ready for grass by watering it, removing the weeds, evening out the soil, but Rodrigo saw the sod at Lowe's and bought 60 squares of 5sq. feet each and 6 bags of topsoil. We don't own a truck, so they separated the sod for us and we were to pick it up Saturday morning.
After that we went to Chili's where Alec was waving at everyone. Dinner was good. When we got home, I called my dad and asked to borrow his truck. He was surprised because my parents had been there earlier in the afternoon and my dad was telling me how to even out the soil.
Saturday morning we were up early and my dad was here practically before the sun came up. He and Rodrigo went to pick up the sod (or as I call it "grass carpet"). When they came back, we started pulling and hoeing weeds, spreading the topsoil and basically preparing for the grass. The two of them started laying the sod and I was in charge of placing "patches" on whatever empty spots there were. It took us about 5 hours and we still have about more than half of the yard to work on. My dad left and Rodrigo showered and while I was watering our new lawn.
I knew nothing about yards. Growing up the only thing I'd do was tell my dad what type of flowers I wanted him to plant. After that, I've had apartments so this is the first spring in a house that isn't my parents'. It's a lot or work. Rodrigo, the computer boy, also knew nothing. The only thing he ever did was mow the lawn at his parents' house so we are hoping that our first yard turns pretty.
The rest of Saturday, we were pretty much worn out and tired. Since Brianna went to my parents' house again this weekend we were able to nap whenever Alec napped.
Yesterday we went to Target, and Sam's club and also cleaned, did laundry, swept, etc. I bought some things that I know I'll need for Easter. Right now, I'm going back to get some more things that I'll need to make Easter baskets. I'm making a basket for Brianna, one for Alec, one for my nephew Darian and one for my little cousin Alexa. Plus 22 little baskets for Brianna's class. Well, I better get moving! Have a great Monday everyone!

The First Four
What are the first four things you think of when I say:
Free Speech
-constitution
-song lyrics
-press
-1st amendment

Unconscious Mutterings
Pitbull:: dog
TD:: touchdown
Carter:: Jimmy
Japan::Tokyo
50:: years
Streak:: blonde
Rifle:: barrel
Trap:: bear
Easter:: egg
Mitt:: oven

Monday Madness
1. Describe what you believe is a "good" driver.
Someone who pays attention to surroundings, doesn't just talk on the phone and keeps up with traffic.

2. Describe a "bad" driver (your opinion of course).
Someone who gets on the freeway drives 45 miles an hour oblivious to everyone else, people (mostly young boys) who try to "show-off" while driving by racing, peeling off, and cutting in and out of traffic.

3. Which category do you fit in? Please back up your answer. Feel free to use examples!
I think I'm an alright driver since I'm always looking out for whatever is around me. I think I'm impatient which isn't good and I get mad at "stupid people". Driving with my children in the car, though, definately makes me be more cautious.

feeling: busy
listening to: The Muppets (Mana Mana) Alec is here with me
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting Alec ready to leave

No comments: