Friday, April 09, 2004

good friday

Today we gathered at my grandma's house. It was my grandma, her two sisters, my mom, my dad, my brother, his girlfriend, my nephew, my cousin, her friend, the friend's grandmother, Brianna, Rodrigo, Alec and me. The ladies made a ridiculous amount of food. We had lentils, enchiladas, pipian, baked flounder, Spanish rice, salad, capirotada, and of course jalapenos with carrots in vinegar. I had the salad, flounder, and rice since I don't really like anything else. It had been a long time since we had all gotten together to eat and we had a good time. My grandmother started playing a cd which made the older ladies get sort of weepy thinking about their late husbands. Then the ladies fought over who would wash the dishes. This ALWAYS happens each time my family gets together. For some reason each of the ladies wants to wash the dishes and wants the others to sit and rest. I remember thinking about how I'd never argue with someone who wanted to wash the dishes. I thought I'd say "go ahead" and be glad. When everyone came over to my house for dinner, though, I felt embarrassed when they wanted to wash the dishes. I told them, "No, that's ok, I'll do it" and so I became one of them. My grandma ended up winning and washing them. My mom won on Friday and washed those. Well, I think I'll go outside and water the lawn or something. I"m still full and can't stand to be sitting for another minute!

feeling: full
listening to: Incubus (Warning)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: exercising
listening to:

No comments: