Wednesday, April 07, 2004

my surprise!

I read in blogs such as Lora's and Vanessa's about how they've received goodies in the mail and think, "Sniff, sniff, nobody loves me exept for the gas, electric, phone, and water companies." I'd never gotten a surprise goody in the mail. Then lo and behold, today I received a package from the wonderful Alice at The Carrotbox sending me a bonus ring. I LOVE IT! I've ordered a few rings from Alice so this was a great surprise. Plus, it's black & red which I have a lot of. Yea!
Sorry the picture is bad, I tried taking a good one, but that's the best I got. The middle is a red rose. Isn't it lovely?
As you may figure out, I love jewelry. I think necklaces are my favorite, but with these rings, I'm quickly becoming a ring fan. Although I like jewelry, when I saw this picture of a new "eye jewel", I think these people went too far. Yes, I did the piercing and the tattoo thing, but a jewel inserted underneath the cornea? Ouch? I wonder if this thing stays in there forever or what? You know, I thought I was "unshockable" and that I'd be the cool mom to my kids but if they wanted jewels inserted into their eyes, I think I'd freak. I wonder what kinds of things are going to be trendy when Brianna and Alec are teenagers.

Time to play! . . . . .

Thursday Threesome
Onesome: Home- What's the one thing your dream home must have?
-One thing? I have a whole list, but I guess I'll pick a big kitchen.

Twosome: improvement- What's the one thing you would change about your current home? New bed, couch? New carpet or wallpaper? Or something major like an addition?
-new couches

Threesome: shows- Do you ever watch home improvement shows? Which one(s)? Do you actually learn anything, or is it simply entertaining?
-yes mostly the decorating shows too many to name and I do learn stuff. If nothing else, I get ideas.

feeling: super sleepy
watching: Late night w/ Conan O'Brien
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sleeping (if only Alec would fall asleep!)



No comments: