Tuesday, April 06, 2004

rambling

I know this sounds like I'm just jealous, but when I read this article today, I have to admit that I was upset. Jennifer Lopez's mom won a 2.4 million dollar jackpot playing $1 slots. All I could think was, "Why was she playing in the first place?" Yes, good for her and her luck, but come on, she doesn't need the money. I'd be really happy for her if she was going to give it to charity. I think Jennifer Lopez has enough money to make sure that her nieces, nephews, and future children get their education paid for. That's like saying that Donald Trump won the lottery and expecting people to be happy for him.
Ok, enough of that. Now onto Easter stuff. Not until last year did I realize that not everyone saves eggshells for Easter. My friend told me that she always just dyes hard-boiled eggs and had no idea that we dyed the shells, filled them with confetti and cracked them on each others' heads. I've done that all my life and just took it for granted. Anyway, onto Easter projects, I've already mentioned that I'm making baskets and I was planning on making tiny little baskets for Brianna's classmates. Gerber baby foods now come in little plastic containers as well as jars and I've been saving the containers for little baskets. This is the one time that I was actually glad that I procrastinated. We received a letter from the school asking that we please send six "cascarones" (eggshells) washed, dyed, and filled with confetti and to please refrain from sending any other candies, treats, or gifts since they will not be having an Easter party but and egg hunt. ARGH! I already had everything ready but ended up making them for my nephew to take to his daycare. All I did was cut little squares of tissue paper in pastel colors and decoupauge them onto the little container, fill the container with some Easter grass and jellybeans then make labels with my nephew's name and tie them with ribbon. I'm sure all the two-year olds will love them. The camera was charging and I made them in a mad rush so there are no pictures, sorry. Do you all have any Easter traditions?

What's on . . . right now?
What's On your outside thermometer Right Now? (I realize not everyone has an outside thermometer; what's the weather like right now where you live?) What season are you in?

It is currently 77 degrees here. For the past couple of weeks, we were already up to the upper 80's and EVERYONE was wearing summer clothes. Then it rained yesterday and the day before and it's really cooled down. Hey, I live in El Paso, I consider 70 degree weather cool.

Details
I found this at a page called Generation Exhausted while surfing through blogs and I thought I'd do it. Let me know if you do it on your page!

Details

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
-"Listen, Wendy. I know this important so can I call you back after I ..... (from Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter)

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
-computer speaker

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
-Late Night with Conan O'Brien

4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is.
-11:55

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
-12:01am

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
-the tv

7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing?
-about an hour ago, throwing out some trash

8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
-Generation Exhausted

9. What are you wearing?
-a red skirt and blouse, a Carrotbox ring (shoes are now off)

10. Did you dream last night?
-yes, that Rodrigo was on the Ellen DeGeneres show but Ellen was really Rosie O'Donnell. Hmm, what does that say about me?

11. When did you last laugh?
-a few minutes ago at Conan O'Brien's impression of Donald Trump

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
-two air vents and a floral arrangement

13. Seen anything weird lately?
-rain on one side of the freeway and no rain on the other

14. Last movie you saw?
-The Aristocats

15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
-I'd go car shopping but would probably end up buying other stuff along the way. Clothes, I guess.

16. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
-I'm terrified of werewolves

17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
-find cures for cancer and aids

18. Do you like to dance?
-yes.

19. George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or someone who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
-oh no, I'm sooo not answering this unless you're ready to sit there and read for about two hours

20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
-she was. I wanted to name her Brianna and I named her Brianna

21. [Same question for a boy]
-Cristian, (Rodrigo wouldn't hear of that name for Alec)

22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
-only for a few months. I'm too "I love the USA" to ever move


feeling: this is GOOD coffee!
listening to: The London Symphony Orchestra (Allegro from Symphony No. 27 in G)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting ready for early start tomorrow!

No comments: