Sunday, April 04, 2004

my weekend

I don't have much to say about this weekend being as to how I've already mentioned that I'm fixing up Brianna's room. It's taken me a long time because I only work on it in the evenings when Rodrigo can watch Alec. I don't want to expose Alec to paint fumes, so I haven't gotten to work on the room as much as I should. All the walls are done, the furniture is built and I just need to put everything back in tomorrow. I'll post pictures tomorrow for sure.
It rained all day today. We went to my mom's to pick up Brianna since her long three week spring hiatus is over and we saw a beautiful rainbow while we were driving. It was the complete arch. I took pictures with Rodrigo's phone, so I'll ask him to email them to me. Yes, we email and IM each other from the bedroom to the living room. Sometimes from the desk to the couch (in the same room) when he is working on his laptop. What dorks, huh?
Anyway, we got to my mom's house and got a call from my brother's girfriend telling is that my grandma's kitchen was flooding. My grandma doesn't drive so Rodrigo and I went to the fire station and picked up some sandbags. We got there and Rodrigo started putting sandbags at my grandma's doors. My brother and his girlfriend showed up and had no luck finding sandbags. Luckily, we already had some. My brother just started helping Rodrigo while I started dancing around like Bugs Bunny. I don't know how to describe it, but it's when he sings "What's up Doc?" and sort of kicks towards the back while swinging his arms. I started doing that because I was scraping mud off my shoes and it looked like I was dancing. My brother's girlfriend was laughing at me and said that she always remembers me dancing around when my nephew is watching the new Lion King movie. (I have a tendency to dance around like a dork). Rodrigo was asking me if I wasn't embarrassed with people driving by and watching me. I really wasn't because they don't know me, and if they do, they know I'm a dork. Then my brother was carrying a sandbag and it looked like those money bags that thieves would steal in old movies. I went up right behind him and started talking like those 1930's gansters and cops (coppas) and telling him "Put that money bag down, Bugsy". Of course he plays along and said "No, coppa". I go on saying, "I don't know how youse donit but I know youse donit." Yes, my grandma was all worried and here I am making jokes and making her laugh.
Everything was fixed and there was really only a little bit of water in the house. She was just worried about more coming in overnight. After that we drove back to my mom's for the kiddies, came back home and that's about it.
No one here at my house is used to the time change so Brianna and Alec went to bed too late and will surely have a hard time waking up tomorrow. Good night!

Unconscious mutterings
I say ... and you think ... ?

1.Condemn: prison
2.Promiscuous: loose
3.Pro-life: pro-choice
4.Mona Lisa: smile
5.Crown: jewel
6.Mumble: jumble (I don't know, that's what I thought)
7.Hack:-y sack
8.Diet: & exercise
9.Introduction: book
10.Latin America: Chile

Monday Madness
1. What makes your country special?
-It's the best place in the world to live. We have freedom, great land, and an abundance of goods. Everyone wants to come here or is jealous of how awesome it is here. We set the standard for all pop culture and everyone looks to us.

2. What makes your hometown special?
-Friendly people, AMAZING food, big city but not too big, Mexico is right across the river.

3. What makes your neighbourhood special?
-Quiet! A park, bookstore, restaurants and a mall about a three minute drive away.

4. And your loved ones - what is it about them???
-You know I can go on and on about this but I'll just say because they're beautiful, they're mine and that makes me lucky.

5. And finally you - what is it that is unique about you...???
-If nothing else, intense loyalty.

feeling: great
listening to: Azul Violeta (Tu Luz)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: going to bed

No comments: