Thursday, April 29, 2004

no title

A couple of friends told me that the last entry I made was mean. I didn't mean to be rude about it, but I guess it just came out that way. Sorry. I was annoyed when I wrote and I guess it came across. Sorry again.
It was my turn to be the horrible mom today. I went to pick up Brianna at her bus stop and an ice-cream truck was there. I guess the man decided that this would be a perfect spot for him to park. Two bus loads of 4 and 5 year olds stop there and they ALL WANT ICE CREAM. When the kids got out of the bus, the ice cream truck music hypnotized them and they all had to have ice cream. I could hear moms saying that they didn't bring any money, that they have ice cream at home, etc. but the kids paud no attention. There was a chorus of "Please mommy, please, PLEASE!" There was crying, begging, and fits. Then Brianna tells me that she wants some ice cream. We do have some at home but the reason I refused was that I could imagine that by the time we got home, there'd be a huge mess of melted ice cream on our new car's backseat. Is that mean of me? Anyway, she's always been pretty good at accepting a "No", but not today. Today I got a "Please momma, please". Ugh. I felt like a wicked mom that deprives her child of simple pleasures. I explained and she understood but I still felt like the evil stepmom for a while.
Then she made me cry in the car. On the way home, we always talk about her day. I asked her how lunch was. She said ok. I asked her what she ate and she said "Some bread, my mashed potatoes, some fruit and some chocolate milk". I asked her about the chicken since I know she loves chicken and she started crying. I didn't know what was wrong. She said she only had a spoon today and "You can't eat chicken with a spoon". She was crying because she said the chicken looked really good and she really wanted some. Aww. I was driving and she couldn't see me, but I got a few tears. I let her know it was alright and she could always just ask for a fork.
Sometimes I feel like if I made her start school too early, but I really wanted her to be ready for kindergarden. I started at the same age. I feel better when I think of all the things she's learned and all the new friends she's made.

Before I close, does anyone know how to use Friday Free-for-all on blogger? I really wanted to put a Free-for-all today so that any of you could be guest writers on my blog today. The tutorial to set up a guest account on the Free-for-all page is only for moveable type, though.

Well, have a great Friday!

feeling: relaxed
watching: Conan O'Brien
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting clothes ready for tomorrow

No comments: