Tuesday, May 04, 2004

update

I've been meaning to post something but I've been really busy. A lot of that is going around right now.

Last Friday was "Day of the Young Child" celebration day at Brianna's school. I was in charge of the student mural. Basically, one whole wall of the cafeteria was covered in black butcher paper, the kids drew a self portrait on a 4x6 piece of white paper and we glued them onto the black paper sorted by class. It was interesting. There are more than 680 students in her school. All 4 and 5 years old. All day they kept telling me, "Teacher! Teacher!". It sounds simple but it was a lot of work. Plus we had to get them to the next station as soon as possible. I'm in no hurry to do that again.
Saturday we had a surprise birthday party for my brother. We had told him that it was a party for my cousin so he wasn't really in a hurry. He showed up almost two hours late and by that time I was already starving. You have to realize that my brother is a dork. For some reason my family decided to not yell "Surprise!" but to start singing Happy Birthday instead. He walked in, we started singing and he thought we were singing for my cousin so he didn't get it. Ha! Ha! Alec had a blast being passed around from person to person. Everyone wanted to hold him and he loves the attention. My little cousin, her friend, Brianna and my nephew were all playing and Alec really wanted to join them. He kept yelling and laughing watching the kids play. He's going to be a terror when he starts walking.
Sunday, Rodrigo and I caught up on some things we had to do around the house, finished up some yard work, went shopping, and picked up Brianna from my mom's. Rodrigo had a lot of work that he hadn't done all weekend so I helped Brianna with her "bookbag" homework, bathed the kids, and cleaned the kitchen while he was stuck to his laptop.
We've also been working on Brianna's science project. Her presentation is this Thursday. I found a lot of neat projects but chose a really simple one about the breakdown of garbage. Still, getting a 5 year old ready to make a 5 minute presentation has proven to be quite a challenge.
Today I'm going to put the finishing touches on the project as I'm here logged into work, take Brianna to school, take my grandma to the bank and the store, pick up Brianna, wait for Rodrigo, take the kids to my mom's and head over to the "ready to be ready" parenting classes. ARGH! I need more hours in the day!
I'm doing memes now and I'll talk to you all later! Have a great day.

Tuesday Twosome
Reading

1. Do you prefer: Fiction or non-fiction?
-fiction

2. Do you prefer: Magazines or books?
-books for the most part but I won't refuse a magazine

3. Do you prefer: Biography or autobiography?
-neither one but I guess biography.

4. Name your two favorite books:
-The Catcher in the Rye and House of Sand and Fog

5. Name two books you haven't read, but plan to:
-The DaVinci Code (like everyone else) and The Divine Comedy, at least Purgatory (I've had Purgatory for years but everytime I start reading it, I give up)

TV Tuesday
1. Who is/was your favorite TV mom?
-I'd have to say Roseanne Connor. She was just so funny.

2. Was she a realistic mother, or more of a TV fantasy type?
-mostly realistic

3. Which TV mom did you find the most unrealistic? Or if you’d rather: creepy – sappy – mean – you choose the adjective, and you name the mom.
-Mrs. Brady. I can't believe she was never really upset and always looked great. I don't think I'd be that calm if I had six kids.

~Bonus~ No disrespect to your dear old mum, but which TV mom did you think it might be neat to have as your own?
-I guess Claire Huxtable. Those kids seemed to have it all and she seemed strong but fun.

feeling: very busy
listening to: nothing, I'm working
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting ready

No comments: