Monday, May 10, 2004

new blogger/update

Blogger just changed it's whole look and honestly, I'm not used to it yet. Oh well, I guess I just have to mess around with it a couple of times. For those of you who use blogger, is it letting you use Unkymoods?

The science fair went really well. Brianna gave her whole speech and didn't forget anything. The one thing that bothered me was that everyone who participated received the same thing: a certificate, a button, and a wand. Yes, I understand that they are little kids, but I don't think a little competition ever hurt anyone. Ok, I may be wrong, but it's not fair when some projects looked like they were thought up of that same morning and some really took a long time. Oh well...
Friday we took the kids to a book reading. Mama Bear from the Berenstain Bears was there taking pictures and Alec came out trying to bite the bear's nose. There's a Starbuck's in the bookstore and we went to buy one of those Strawberries and Cream Frappucinos and got dirty looks from the college kids and childless adults that were there. I thought "Wait! I'm one of you! I'm AM coffeehouse girl", but it was too late. Heading in there with a five year old and a baby in a stoller wasn't "cool". Sniff! We bought the Frappucinos and went and drank them in the children's section where we belong. Sniff again! Here is Brianna while listening to one of the stories. She is the one in the front in the middle.

Saturday was my little cousin's First Holy communmion. Since she will be in California this summer she also celebrated her birthday. Three of my uncles came into town and I'm always happy to see them. Brianna was especially happy to see my little cousins. One of my cousins and Brianna are just months apart but since my cousins live in San Francisco, they hardly ever see each other. Here's a picture of Crystal and Brianna. . .

Sunday was an odd Mother's Day for me. Other than when I lived in Phoenix, I've always spent the day with my mom. This year my aunt invited us to go to Juarez and take the kids to a Papalote museum that's there. I couldn't go but my mom, my brother's girlfriend, one of my cousins and her kids all went. So I didn't see my mom. Aww. I thought my aunt had picked a weird day to invite them but since Mother's Day in Mexico is ALWAYS May 10th, she didn't have to work today and my cousins didn't have to go to school. Anyway, I spent the day with Rodrigo and the kids and did nothing but hang out and relax. I watched movies and once again cried like a baby while watching Steel Magnolias. I received some awesome party trays and dishes that I really wanted and also some pink roses from the kids.
Today was Brianna's school's Mother's Day show. Her classroom sang and danced "The Streamer song". It was adorable! Some of the kids understandably looked a little scared but Brianna kept singing and waving. It looks like she's doing a "we're #1" but I just caught her mid wave.


Ok, so now I'll catch up on memes. . . . I hope you all had a fun weekend as well.


Monday Madness
1. If you had a farm, what would you name the following animals: Pig, Cow, Goose, Chicken and Horse (assume these are show animals and not food.)
-Pig: Wilbur
-Cow: Vaquita
-Chicken: Henrietta
-Horse: Spirit (Brianna named this one)
2. What are the top ten spices you use in cooking and what is cooked with them as the main spice (ie. Oregano: Spaghetti)
-salt: most everything
-pepper: same
-garlic powder: meat
-basil leaves: chicken
-cinnamon: sprinkled on apples/oatmeal
-lemon pepper: flounder
-oregano: menudo
-Knorr tomate: tortilla soup
-red pepper: pizza
-paprika: jicama
3. Name your favorite flower and describe yourself using the letters.
- I'm sorry, I can't decide which I like better: Calla Lillies, Gerber Daisies, or sunflowers


Tuesday Twosome
List:
1. The last two songs you heard:
-Say it Ain't So (Weezer) and Buddy Holly (Weezer)
2. The last two CDs you bought:
-I didn't buy cd's for the longest time but I bought Dido's Life For Rent for Rodrigo for Valentine's Day. Before that, I can't remember.
3. Two songs you hate at the moment:
-"Yeah" from Usher and "Naughty Girl" from Beyonce
4. Two songs you are loving at the moment:
-"Maps" from the YeahYeahYeah's and "The End of the World" from The Cure
5. Two singers you would like to meet (dead or alive):
-Bono and Jim Morrison


TV Tuesday
1. What show would you like to see brought back for an hour or two episode, to see how the characters are doing now? (This should be a show that it might be possible to do a reunion on.)
- Seinfeld
2. Pick a show that could not realistically be brought back for a reunion, because some or all of the cast members are gone. What if they could have done a reunion before it was too late? Name the show you'd most like to see.
- Three's Company, it would be nothing with John Ritter
3. Which reunion show have you watched and thought "Wow, they should have left that one alone!"
-The Brady Bunch reunion

~Bonus~ Which do you prefer- a "reunion" episode of the series, or a "cast reunion" where the actors sit around and talk about the making of the show?
-A reunion episode. I saw the 90210 cast reunion and I didn't really care about what they thought.


feeling: proud
watching: The Tonight Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: trying to get Alec to sleep

No comments: