Thursday, May 06, 2004

science fair

Brianna's science fair day is finally here and not a moment too soon. I've already mentioned that I go overboard with her homework projects and try to "craft them up" (some of you might remember the Valentine's day bag and cookies and the One Fish, Two Fish... costume). We've worked a lot on this project. Especially because she has to make a 3-5 minute presentation. Once I stopped looking for a project that I thought was cool and started looking for one that a five-year-old would understand and be able to explain, it was easy to find one. We ended up doing one about the breakdown of garbage. We took three samples of garbage, placed them in a little container with some dirt and tracked the progress. Last night she made the presentation over the phone to my mom, my dad, my brother, his girlfriend, and my grandma (who doesn't speak English but loved it anyway). Alec has been her audience of choice. He stares at her like if he really understands her and claps throughout. To this Brianna lets him know, "Not yet, brother. Don't clap until I'm finished". Anyway, I get to go help her with the presentation today at 1:10. I'm glad to be getting back to some normalcy. I haven't been keeping up with my favorite blogs and my house is a mess. If time permits, I'll have Brianna post her presentation in an audio post this morning. I'll take pictures and let you all know how everything went later on today. Remember to dress in black today because it seems that we're all supposed to be mourning the loss of "Friends". Ugh.

feeling: awesome
listening to: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Maps)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: making sure we don't forget anything today