Thursday, June 03, 2004

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday! Yea! She turns 48 today. Yes, I said it. I gave her age. You know why? Because she loves showing off her age and telling everyone just how old she is. Then she gets the, "48? Are you serious? You don't look 48." She loves that. So again happy birthday, ma.

This is my mom and Brianna at Disneyland.



I was talking to my grandma today. (She says she likes watching tv to learn things and likes watching Spanish talk shows, real news and also gossip shows.) Our conversation was like this (but in Spanish). . . .

grandma: Mija, what's a "metrosexual"?
me (surprised she knew about this): it's a straight man that looks neat, well-groomed and cares about his appearance. Like someone who gets facials and manicures.(That's the best translation I could make)
grandma: Ohhhhh.........
me: why? what did you think?

Now you must realize that "metro" in Spanish is a meter, as in the metric system.

grandma (blushing): well.... I thought it was a man who claimed to be "so endowed" it was as long as a meter. You know, a "sexual meter".
me: Bwah Ha Ha Ha!

feeling: grubbing
watching: something on the Discovery Channel
what I should be doing instead of blogging: getting Brianna to bed


No comments: