Tuesday, June 29, 2004

lemon

I was reading the latest post that Giao made and I remembered about my lemon obsession. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but when I was pregnant with Alec, I went lemon CRAZY. I had to eat lemon everyday. I'd order lemon with every meal and buy sacks of lemon. My friends and co-workers knew about this so they'd also take me lemons to work. For those of you who've been pregnant, you know how you suddenly have super olfactory senses. I could smell EVERYTHING. I hated the smells of gasoline and incense and loved the smell of lemon. I started using only lemon scented cleaners and candles. I also switched my shower gel from the usual moisturizing kind to soaps that smelled just clean like Zest. Then there was one time that I didn't have lemon during lunch. We went back to work and I called one of the floor supervisors to ask any of the workers for lemon. Nobody had any and I started crying. I know it sounds silly now, but it was a big deal then. Luckily Alec wasn't born yellow or something and I still have some enamel left on my teeth.

feeling: chilly!
listening to: Barney, ugh! He's still around?
what I should be doing instead of blogging: folding laundry

No comments: