Monday, August 16, 2004

first day of school

Brianna went back to school today starting kindergarten. I had no trouble waking her this morning. She said she was so excited she could hardly sleep. This year she started wearing a school uniform which really saves me a lot of time. I was able to find her a navy blue jumper and she was happy to be wearing a dress. We got to her classroom and her teacher asked the kids to find their names on the tables. I saw Brianna's name but she just kept circling it. I finally told Brianna where her name was and she said, "No, that's not my name because it only has one 'n' and my name has two." Her teacher heard, apologized and told Brianna she would correct it. Oops. I felt a little embarrassed but I'm used to the way Brianna is. There was one little boy who was crying so I figure he didn't go to pre-k. Everyone else seemed happy and excited to be there. The teacher seemed pleasant enough so I hope that Brianna has a good first day of school and a great year.




feeling: proud of Brianna
listening to: Dashboard Confessional (Vindicated)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: folding clothes

No comments: