Monday, November 15, 2004

sick day

Most everyone I know in town either has a cold or is getting over one. Rodrigo and Alec both had one last week. I had to take a sick day and stay home with Alec. I felt guilty for missing work since we are understaffed but there was nothing else I could do. Of course my son comes first. Since I was at home, I decided to be productive and cook "real" Mexican food. I hardly cook Mexican just because of all the preparation. Its a hassle! I decided to make food like my grandma which means making everything from scratch. I made tacos with no pre-made taco shells, homemade salsa, and fideo. Yum! Everything came out delicious!

We also had Brianna's school Thanksgiving dinner. It was a little weird going through a school cafeteria lunch line. It was even weirder to have to pay $5 for cafeteria food. They should've paid me to eat that stuff. But, Brianna is in kindergarten and it means a lot to them at that age to have mama join them for lunch. We'll see when she's in sixth grade. . . . .

Do you all remember having to wear these pilgrim hats and bonnets?

feeling: cold!
watching: The Swan
what I should be doing instead of blogging: washing dishes

No comments: