Sunday, December 19, 2004

busy, busy!

Like everyone else, I've been super busy the past few days. This last week was about sick babies, Christmas shopping, decorating, Christmas parties and lots and lots of traffic. Still, I love this time of year. I love to see houses decorated, people shopping, and I love the smells and tastes of the season. We had our company party this week and that was really fun. Dinner was good and they had dancing which is always great. I tend to dance really silly when I'm with friends but it wasn't quite dark enough.
So, I think I'm finally done with my shopping. Whew. Now on to all the wrapping and arranging.
On another note. . for years I've been looking for a good recipe for "calientitos". This is a drink that I used to have at Christmas "posadas" when I was a kid. It is served hot and made of various fruits, sugar, and rum. Of course I had the non-alcoholic kind. The best one I've ever tasted also had hibiscus flowers. Anyway, I found a good recipe but it calls for some fruits that I'd have no idea where to find. I'm going crazy looking for an English translation for "tejocote" but I can't. All I know is that its a fruit that I thought was a kumquat. Oh well. Maybe next year I'll prepare better. Again.

I haven't answered any memes in the longest time, so I think I'll do Monday Madnessnow.
1. From Becky... How did you learn about computers? Were you self taught?
- I don't really know much. Living with techy boy here makes me want to.
2. From Tom... What is your favorite color and why is it your favorite color?
- I love sky blue and pink but I tend to buy a lot of black clothes and shoes.
3. From Olivia... What one thing going on in the world right now, has the most effect on you personally?
- I'd have to say the bad economy.
4. From Barb... If you were going to develop your own meme, what kind would you create?
- Definately a pop culture type of thing.
5. From Sherle... Why do you enjoy answering memes?
- I do. I hadn't done it in a long time but I think they're fun.
6. From Teresa... What is your wildest dream?
- To be a super famous rock star.
7. From Mz. Em... Why do you answer these questions?
-Because they're there.


feeling: I like Rodrigo
watching: 15 Minutes
what I should be doing instead of blogging: putting away groceries.

No comments: