Friday, March 11, 2005

bad trait

I don't think this is a good trait of mine but I've always done this. I always point out how people look like other people or characters. I've done this for as long as I can remember and I don't do it to be mean, but sometimes it comes out that way. Of course I don't say it to peoples' faces (unless its a completely flattering resemblance) but when I tell my family, friends, or co workers, they always laugh. At work, there's a guy who works at our branch a couple of days a week and I refer to him as Cousin Larry (from Perfect Strangers). Just today "Hagrid", "David Bowie" and "James Earl Jones" showed up to make transactions at work. Here is a list of some of the people I can remember working or going to school with:
"Chicken" (Prissy from the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons), "Zoolander", "Waldo","Scar", "Frida", "Picasso", "Elf", and so many countless others. My family is not spared either, I think Brianna looks like a baby chick so I've always called her "Pollito" and I think Alec & Rodrigo look like Topo Gigio.
I also tend to make up stories about people or jump to conclusions, rather. It doesn't help that my besy buddy at work, Liz, does the same thing. Together we have "determined" that a lady is having an affair (when she really just had a hair appointment and her family was looking for her), people have drug problems (sniffling with a cold), a guy has mild Tourette's, and various people suffer from severe psychosis. The last two I really think are true. I would think all this was really mean if we actually went and told other people, but I think this just makes time pass a little quicker and makes work more enjoyable. Liz, by the way, is engaged to "Matt Damon". Does this make me horrible? Oh, when will I grow up?

feeling: immature
watching: The Contender
what I should be doing instead of blogging: taking out the trash

No comments: