Tuesday, March 15, 2005

business cards

I am a very important banking person and so earlier I received a new batch of business cards. Very boring, plain, bank-like business cards. I was reviewing them and they come complete with company logo, my name, and about a million ways to get in touch with me. White and navy blue. No cute font. I couldn't help but notice that there is room below my name for something else. I asked my manager, "Couldn't we put like a daisy or something in this space"?


her: (blank stare) Are you serious?
me: Yes, it would look really cute. Or a butterfly or something. At least some really cute font.
her: (giggling) We work at a bank. (blank stare)
me: (thinking) and?
She just laughed. I guess they're staying that way. I later thought about the type of people that actually go there and realized that most wouldn't like to get a card with little flowers on them. Ugh. Maybe I'll add a dollar sign. Or a bull (you know, for "bullish" but wearing a bow to make it cute). Ok, now I'm just being ridiculous. Good night.

feeling: thirsty
watching: The Tonight Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: picking out clothes for tomorrow

No comments: