Thursday, April 21, 2005

the punishment breakfast

Am tired. Very, very tired.

As a result of our recent audit at work, the district manager decided to have a punishment breakfast for us. I mean, a reward breakfast. Yes, as a reward for doing a good job we were forced to be at work at 7:30 am (when most everyone wasn't scheduled until 10:00) where the manager cooked breakfast for us and at the same time had a meeting with us. Ugh. I'd rather make my own breakfast. I was trying to not be ungrateful and seem positive (even though today was my short day and I wasn't scheduled to go into work until 1:00 pm). I got there and manager guy was not there yet. We waited. We waited some more. I asked if I could leave and take Brianna to school and was told yes. I took Brianna to school. Went back. Still no breakfast. Sometime around 8:15 the manager got there with his grill or griddle or whatever they're called. He was late because he was "chopping vegetables for the omelets". This same guy had the audacity to send us a memo just a couple of weeks ago about the importance of punctuality. The punishment breakfast was good. We had various types of fruit, bagels with cream cheese, toast, juice, coffee, and of course, omelets. It was all pretty good and throughout the lecture, er, meeting, he was telling us about how important it is to be on time and considerate of others. What? I left the breakfast meeting and when I got home the real punishment started. I had the most upset stomach. This isn't too uncommon for me so I took some imodium and when I dropped Alec off, my grandma gave me a tea made of istafiate (I don't know how to say this in English but I've had it all my life and it ALWAYS works). I got back to work only to find out that all except one had gotten sick. You should've seen the mood at work today. I was the only one that was feeling a little better and the rest took turns running to the bathroom. It was hilarious! Plus, it's not like everyone could go home sick. Needless to say, everyone was upset. A lady customer walked in and asked me, "Why does it smell so much like bacon?" I nearly lost it in a laugh attack. Now I am super sleepy since I've been awake since 5:30. I can't wait to go to sleep.

feeling: sleepy
watching: Dateline or Primetime or one of those
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sleeping

No comments: