Friday, May 13, 2005

christmas in may

I've been M.I.A. because I have a new baby that has been requiring a lot of attention. Ever since Mother's Day it's been like *#$@! Christmas around here. Sunday, Brianna gave me a little card, a tea cup with tea that she made and a plant. I love those little handmade gifts from little kids. I also got some really cute pajamas and a few of these boyshorts. I haven't posed like that while wearing them, though. I had taken a picture (of them not on me) because I love the material but I can't stand thinking that whenever someone sees me, they'd wonder if I'm wearing those. Monday, I got home and received a package from the lovely Giao. I had ordered one of these and she threw in some goodies. She's the sweetest! Thanks, Giao. You absolutely didn't have to. Monday Rodrigo also got me a new phone. Tuesday when I got to work a customer had dropped by with a cd that he burned for me. He used to run a local college station and had a few clubs and so he has the most amazing music. The c.d. he gave me included a song from the Rave-Ups that I'd been looking for for YEARS. Really cool. He made my day. Then Rodrigo got home and brought about a million of the mint frappuccinos we're addicted to. Yum!











So, back to the new baby. My Mother's Day from Rodrigo was none other than . . . . an iPod mini! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I've wanted one for the longest time. I TOTALLY didn't expect one for Mother's Day. I was even excited about the USB thing that he added to my computer. So, he made me take back the rule that I never wanted any techy gifts. I sort of ammended the rule and added "unless it's pink". Oh, I love my iPod even though I am one of the last people in the free world to get one. Plus, he also got me the car adapter thingy so I'm driving around with proper late 80's and 90's music in clear digital sound. I was so excited when I got it that I was dancing around like Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd. Really. Anyway, I have to go back to playing with music. Have a good weekend!











Oops, the last picture is of a pretty bookmark I also received. Almost forgot about it because it is already stuck in a book.

feeling: super happy
listening to: Depeche Mode (Everything Counts)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: caring for baby iPod

No comments: