Monday, May 23, 2005

complain, complain, complain

I'm going to use today's post to complain. I'm not in a bad mood but a couple of things are bothering me. First of all, I sat here at the computer, checked my email and again received a bunch of spam. I'm so tired of it. I have a spam blocker but now all the spam emails are from random names and the subjects are things like "hi there" so they're all let through. Ugh. What I just found out is that my email address is apparently being used to send these out. I don't know how those people get ahold of addresses or how it is legal to do this but it is happening. For about a week, I've been getting delivery failure messages. I thought it was also some sort of spam so I never opened those messages. I finally told Rodrigo and he was the one who told me what was going on. I opened up one of emails and it had a list of the people that I'd supposedly send out a message to. There were many, many names on it. Ugh. So now my address is one of the ones sending out these annoying spam mails. How is this permitted? I don't understand. I think it's time to stop using this address. The thing is that this is an email address that I've had for years. In fact, it was my first one I ever created and the primary one I always use. I have a yahoo and a gmail one but I always use my roadrunner (my ISP) account for everything. Well, enough about that. I'm sure you all have some sort of spam nightmare stories. Oh, I'm pretty sure you all already know this, but just in case, you're not supposed to send those "remove me from your list" replies. That is only a way for them to confirm that it is a valid address.
My next complaint is something that I have no control over. It's hot! Too hot around here. We're expected to reach 105 degrees today and have had record heat the past few days. Another ugh. It's too hot to drive or do anything outside. When I get in the car, my hands burn on the steering wheel and seatbelt. It's not even summer yet. I can't even imagine what type of summer we're going to have. You know, for someone who complains about the heat so much, it's funny that the only places I've ever lived are El Paso and Phoenix. How smart is that? Anyway, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm planning on having a good day. Heh, heh.

feeling: hot
listening to: Morrissey (Whatever Happens, I love you)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: picking out clothes

No comments: