Monday, May 23, 2005

words I have to stop using

1. Like: Let's face it, I'm not a teenager anymore and I don't live in the valley. There's no reason why I should say "like" so much.
2. Really: I really, really use this word a lot. Too much.
3. Y'all: I know I'm from Texas but, come on. I'm from WEST Texas. No one says "y'all" around here. Why me?
4. Idiota and Estupido: I use these two frequently while driving. I have to stop because Alec copied me the other day and said "dota". Oops.
5. Trite: According to Rodrigo, I use this word way too much. My friend Liz emailed me a list of a whole bunch of synonyms (banal, bathetic, bromidic, chain, chestnut, cliché, clichéd, common, commonplace, corn, corn-fed, cornball, corny, drained, dull, exhausted, familiar tune, flat, hack, hackneyed, hokey, hokum, jejune, mildewed, moth-eaten, musty, old hat, old song, old story, ordinary, pedestrian, platitudinous, prosaic, ready-made, routine, run-of-the-mill, set, shopworn, stale, stereotyped, stock, threadbare, timeworn, tired, uninspired, unoriginal, used-up, vapid, warmed-over, well-worn, worn, worn-out). I mess around now and use these too much.
6. Anything using "ass": This was definately Liz's doing. Now I make up "ass" words like ass munch, jerk ass, stupid ass, ass wad and all sorts of others. Oh, working with us is fun.
7. Goathead: Whenever someone says, "go ahead", I ask, "goathead?" I know. That's corny. Forgive my middle school sense of humor.
8. Rock/suck: I use these instead of "cool" or "bummer". Too much. I don't say "that rocks/sucks". I just use the single word.

I can't think of any more for now although I'm sure there's many more. I also need to stop with the run-on sentences.

feeling: sleepy
listening to: nothing. everyone else is asleep
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sleeping

No comments: