Thursday, May 19, 2005

star wars

I have a confession to make. . I haven't seen the first two episodes of Star Wars. Sorry. In fact I hadn't seen any of the movies until they were rereleased in the late 90's. I saw the original and The Empire Strikes Back. I've never seen the one with the little bears. Sorry, I'm being corrected here, the one with the Ewoks. It wouldn't matter but the thing is that Rodrigo really likes these movies. I feel a little bad because he really wants us to go see the new movie but I don't want to be lost. I think I'm pretty much aware of what's going on, though. The little kid who is now hot Hayden Christensen is turning into Darth Vader and he's married to Natalie Portman. They're going to have kids and those are Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. I don't know all about the other characters and certainly aren't a huge fan of like some clone or something. (I'm referring to one of the characters that Rodrigo likes, Boba Fett. He looks the same as the others to me but I know there must be some hidden story there.) I'm a little confused about this because when I was little I thought Luke and Leia were boyfriend and girlfriend. I guess I was wrong. I just remember the boys in class playing Star Wars during recess and they'd pick one of us to be Princess Leia. I hated it because all we did was hold on to a fence because the princess was captured and tied down or something. Whoever was playing Luke would always come rescue me. Or was it Hans?
So I guess I'll be renting episodes 1 & 2 soon so I can know what the heck is going on. Rodrigo's buddies already went to the midnight showing and I'll feel bad if he doesn't go see it. I just don't know if I can sit through the whole thing.
On another note. I think the movies should've been made in the order they went in. The reason is because from this movie we go the the 70's Star Wars, right? Well, it doesn't match. I mean, we're going for Mark Hamill over Hayden Christensen? Come on. The order that they're in makes the next ones look cheesy. Plus, it looks like this really good looking couple ends up having really dorky looking kids. That's just my opinion. Anyway, let me know what you thought about the new one if you've seen it. I guess I'll be watching it soon without having to camp out for weeks.

Since I'm on the subject . . . .




Your Star Wars Name and Title



Your Star Wars Name: Yvebu Loel

Your Star Wars Title: Solem of Cela





feeling: I can't believe I'm posting about Star Wars
listening to: Poe (Dolphin)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: chosing clothes for work

No comments: