Thursday, June 16, 2005

reality tv

I often hear people talk about reality shows and ask, "Why is this on tv?" or "Who watches this?" Well, I have a confession to make. . . it's me. Yes, I love reality tv and I'm one of those who watch it. It all started back with The Real World and Road Rules. I loved those shows an insane amount. I think I've mentioned that I even kept a Real World/Road Rules journal. Last season I was addicted to American Idol and The Apprentice. I absolutely had to watch them. This season I wasn't expecting anything. I thought there wouldn't be any good shows during the summer but now I've found some I like. . .
Hell's Kitchen: I had no plans to watch this but was sucked in by the second episode. Chef Ramsey is so fantastically rude and British. How could I not watch this? The winner gets to be head chef at a new L.A. restaurant.
Dancing with the Stars: I also came across this show by accident. My mom loves ballroom dancing shows and movies. The show was on and I called my mom to let her know and she asked me if it was the show with Evander Holyfield. Evander Holyfield? Dancing? I had to watch.
Beauty & The Geek: I was just plain curious to watch this. It's alright. There is a girl who says she has an IQ of 500. So, you can imagine how brilliant the girls are. I keep watching because there is a very annoying guy I want out.
Hit me Baby One More Time: I really like this show. It's fun to see how artists look now and hear the songs again.

I can't wait to see these. . . . .
The Surreal Life 5: This will start later this summer. With people like Omarosa, Jose Canseco, and Janice Dickinson there's sure to be some good fights.
The Apprentice with Martha Stewart: (I couldn't find a home page) This won't be on until the fall schedule but I really want to see it.

I have no plans to ever watch this. . .
I Want to be a Hilton: They get enough publicity already. I wouldn't want to be a Hilton no matter what.
Rock Star INXS:
Only because I think no one can replace Michael Hutchence. I think he was INXS so the band just trying to find a new lead singer is pointless.

If you want to be on a show, try here. . .
The Amazing Race 9: I think my mom and I would do well on this show.
All the NBC shows: There's some new ones like Treasure Hunt, Three Wishes, and Made in the USA. You can also apply for favorites like Queer Eye and The Apprentice.

feeling: I can't believe I like these shows
watching: Conan O'Brien
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sleeping

No comments: