Monday, August 22, 2005

fall movies

Summer isn't even over yet and I'm already looking forward to the fall/winter movies. This summer the only movies I absolutely felt like I had to see were Crash and March of the Penguins. I loved both. Here's my must-see list for the fall. . . .

Walk the Line: Joaquin Phoenix plays Johnny Cash and Reese Witherspoon plays June Carter Cash. That sounds good right there. I'm surprised at how much he looks like the young Johnny Cash. Plus there's Oscar buzz for Reese in this movie.

Memoirs of a Geisha: I haven't read the book, yet. It's expected to arrive from Amazon any time now. I definately want to read the book before I watch the movie, though. I'd been putting it off until I realized that the movie would be released this year.

Munich: This one just sounds really good.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Difficult times lie ahead, Harry. I was sooooo excited when I saw this preview for the first time and then I remembered this isn't out until Thanksgiving. Ugh, I can't wait.

Shopgirl: From Steve Martin's own novel, this movie also has really good reviews.

Some others that I won't have to wait as long for are Flightplan, Broken Flowers (which isn't out here yet) and The Constant Gardener, next to Johnny Depp, Ralph Fiennes is my other boyfriend.

The DaVinci Code movie isn't out until next spring and I'm not as excited anymore. I mean I like Tom Hanks and all but while I was reading the book, I had a another image of Robert Langdon. More "Harrison Ford-like". Plus, I read an article about how scholars were hired to "dumb-down" the script. I don't know, I'll still probably watch it, though. What movies are you looking forward to? Or would you recommend any good ones out right now?

feeling: it's fresh out!
listening to: Nine Inch Nails (Only)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: eating breakfast

No comments: