Monday, September 26, 2005

books!

I used to real a whole lot more than I do now. I usually can't find the time anymore. Lately, though, I've been reading constantly! It started withThe Secret Life of Bees. I really liked it and couldn't wait to read what was going to happen. After that I figured I'd also like The Mermaid Chair since it is the same author. I didn't. It was a little too romantic for me. I like tragic. I took a little longer to read that one. Once I finished that, I read Memoirs of a Geisha. I really, really liked this book more than Secret Life. . . . I couldn't put this one down either. After that I read The Kite Runner. I absolutely *LOVED* it. I would be reading and start crying at just how sad this book was. I was talking about how this would be a great book turned movie and I'm glad to see that a movie is in pre-production. If you haven't read it, I absolutely recommend it. Right now, I'm reading A Million Little Pieces.. I'm barely about 50 pages into it, but, yikes! This works better than any anti-drug public service announcement. I heard about this book through the Oprah book club. I was a little hesitant but then I remembered that I also heard about White Oleander, She's Come Undone, and House of Sand and Fog through the club and I loved all those. Plus, I finished The Kite Runner about a week ago, and hadn't started anything new. After this I want The Time Traveler's Wife, Disgrace, and The Kitchen God's Wife. Which one should I start with?

feeling: hot
watching: The Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: sorting laundry

No comments: