Thursday, September 22, 2005

i have a computer again!

My computer died on Friday. I hadn't realized how I use this thing for everything. Rodrigo's had died a couple of weeks ago but since he's usually on his laptop, he wasn't in too much of a hurry. Besides, we still had mine. Friday he was doing something on mine and it just turned off. He was hoping it was just the power supply. It turned out not to be. Saturday we went looking for a new motherboard but we couldn't find the kind that Rodrigo wanted or the price he wanted. (If it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I don't. I'm just writing what I heard Rodrigo say). Anyway, he ordered some new parts and fixed both computers last night.
Being without a computer was weird. I've become dependant on this thing. I needed the calculator, phone numbers, tv listings, I'm going through email withdrawl. We had the laptop but Rodrigo runs Linux on that and I don't even know how to use it. Anyway, it's fixed now and supposedly faster. Living with a techy is a good deal!

I'm off to check my email now and catch up on all my bloggy reads. It's good to be back in the land of technology.

feeling: happy
watching: The Today Show
what I should be doing instead of blogging: reading email

No comments: