Friday, September 30, 2005

whine, whine, whine

All I'm going to do today is whine. I feel horrible! My head feels like a giant ball of mucus, my eyes are watery and I feel like I can't open them enough and my chest is tired of so much coughing. I've wiped my nose so much that it is hurting and peeling. To top it off I went to buy cold medicine that used to be over the counter and I had to wait in a LONG line, show my i.d., sign for the medicine and leave my address. I understand why they do it but I look sick. Too sick to run a meth lab.
As if it's not bad enough to have a cold, it is still hot around here. I feel like I have a summer cold and those are the worst. We were still reaching well into the mid 90's this week and are expected to be in the 90's this weekend. It's been cooler in the nights but not cool enough.
To top it off my foot has been hurting. A couple of nights ago, I was getting ready for bed. I'd clipped my toenails earlier and there was a little hangnail. I took out the nail clippers, propped my foot like where the sink is then I lost my balance and almost fell. My foot landed on top of an open cabinet. The arch of my foot hit the top of the door and it hurt like hell. I've never had a broken foot but I can't imagine it hurts much more than that. Now the bottom of my foot is purple. The pain will go away but since I have to walk on it and I weigh close to three thousand pounds, it starts hurting more during the day.
Today Brianna's school is having a "Movie Night" where I'm supposed to help out. I'm usually in charge of drinks or the pizza but I doubt that I'll be going tonight. I'd hate to be coughing all over the kids' slices of pizza. I'm sure the parents wouldn't like that too much either.
Alec is sick too and that's just as fun. There's nothing I like more than getting up at all hours of the night to get vomitted on. I've been half asleep changing his pajamas and sheets. Poor baby. I'd still rather be ten times as sick as I am as long as he was well.
I still haven't received my uniforms. I ordered them on the 12th and paid for 2 day shipping. Well, they're still not here. I called and they said that it was 2 days after the order processing and after the embroidering. Then they got stuck somewhere else in Texas because of the hurricane. They should be here today. I hope so.
So now that I feel like Debbie Downer, I'll let you get back to your day. What can I say? I'm just a little ray of sunshine today.

feeling: I think you already know
watching: The *%&#&$*^ Teletubbies
what I should be doing instead of blogging: I wish sleeping

No comments: