Monday, October 03, 2005

i'm dumb at work too

There's a man that's one of our "regulars" at the bank. He goes at least twice a week. He's a doctor and I don't know where I got the idea that he was a dentist. I've thought that for about a year. The thing is that he has pretty bad teeth. The last time he went. . . .

me: I'd never go to that Dr. (insert his name here)
co-worker: Why not?
me: How good a dentist could he be and still have teeth that look like that?
co-worker: He's not a dentist
me: He's not?
co-worker: No, he's an eye doctor.
me: Really? I wonder who told me he was a dentist. (I stay quiet for a while) Well, I'd still never go to him.
co-worker: Why not?
me: He must not be a good optometrist if he can't see how bad his teeth are.
Co-worker and I both laugh. We're rotten people.

The other day I had some money from a deposit. I kept smelling something really good and was surprised to find out that it was the money. There was quite a stack of bills and they all smelled really good. Most of the money that smells in a deposit isn't too pleasant usually coming from bars. I asked my co-worker to come over and had her sniff the money as well.

co-worker: Wow. That smells really good
me: Doesn't it? I was surprised.
co-worker: (after smelling it again) It smells sort of like detergent
me: Yeah, like gain fabric softener
co-worker: Yeah!
me: Maybe they're "money launderers".
co-worker and me: Bwah! Ha! Ha!

Oh, and if you're wondering, the lady that made the deposit was no longer there and I wasn't at the bank lobby. She would've thought we were crazy to be smelling her money.

feeling: much better!
listening to: my crazy kids
what I should be doing instead of blogging: picking up toys

No comments: