Saturday, January 07, 2006

reason #247 kids make you uncool

One of my resolutions was to post more on this blog, so for now I'm trying to post daily. Let's see how long that lasts. . . . .

About being uncool. I am now a total dork. Why? Because I have kids. Today we were eating Subway sandwiches. Alec was just playing with his food and wouldn't eat any of it. We were asking him to please eat and nothing was working. I finally grabbed the sandwich, opened it and in my best sandwich voice, made the sandwich talk asking Alec to please eat it. Alec was so entertained by the sandwich that he would take one bite and talk to the sandwich. The sandwich (me) was talking back. So there, I'm a dork. If on one of the first few times that I ever went out to dinner with Rodrigo, I would've made my food start talking, he would've thought I was crazy. Now, he just sees it as a way to get our son to eat. I also see a lot of things that he does and think nothing of it. Like calling from the cell phone claiming to be Santa and telling Alec to behave. Oh, the things we have to do. . . . .
Santa was a good deal for a while there. We'd tell the kids they better behave since Santa was watching. It's too bad I can't use that anymore. I found out Santa is still watching my little nephew and will come to take away the gifts he left if my nephew misbehaves. That's a good one. Also, I don't think the whole Santa thing will work with Brianna much longer.

feeling: stuffed up
listening to: Alec Empire (I don't know the name of the song)
what I should be doing instead of blogging: making tea

No comments: