Wednesday, May 03, 2006

my american idol take

I know you've all been dying to read what I think about American Idol this season. The fact that I hadn't posted about this is the reason why some of you can't sleep sometimes. Calm down, here it is. Now you'll feel complete. Here is what I think in order of last night's performances. . . .

Elliott: I think he's good but I don't think he'll win. I like his voice most of the time but I don't like how he moves "rapper style" sometimes. It doesn't go with him.

Paris: She can sing. I liked her a lot more during the auditions than I do now. I can definately see her singing like in a musical or something. I'm not sure if she could headline a concert.

Chris: I love him. I think he's winning this year. I think even if he were not to win, he'd still have a good musical career. He's pretty marketable. I can't say much more than that. I really, really like him.

Kat: I love her voice, I think she's beautiful. I think she will be in the top two or three. Again, even if she doesn't win, she'll definately have a career.

Taylor: Ok, I like him. I do, but I'm tired of the whole spasm dance thing. He can really sing and he sounds better when he's not "dancing" around. Yet, if he doesn't dance around he's kind of boring. I think a lot of people really love him though.

My prediction:

4th runner up: Paris Bennett
3rd runner up: Elliott Yamin
2nd runner up: Taylor Hicks
1st runner up: Katharine McPhee
winner: Chirs Daughtry

I'm not sure about Taylor and Kat. That might go either way. What do you think?

feeling: hot (as in temperature not as in super sexy)
watching: Chicken Little (again and I'll watch it again and again, not by choice)

4 comments:

foodiechickie said...

Haven't watched the show this season. The only part I watched was when they were in different cities. The people I thought would get in luckily did. Otherwise I got bored with the competing part of it. Your post was funny.

Jay said...

I think your prediction is right on. Either Chris or Katherine should win. My favorite is Taylor; he just cracks me up and always chooses the right songs.

Yvett said...

Jess, yeah, he's really my age but he looks like he could be my dad. He's cool I just don't think he'll win.
Next week is Elvis songs, so I bet he'll be good at that.

Bailey said...

My prediction is almost the same as yours. I said Paris would get kicked off, then Taylor, Elliot, Kat and leave Chris the last man standing.