Sunday, July 30, 2006

mom's in town

mom: So, Alec is scared of pickles or something?
me: Huh? Oh yeah, a few days ago. I told you?
mom: No. It's on the computer.
me: On my computer? (thinking I left a window open)
me (thinking) "I wrote that on flickr, who did I show that to that could've told my mom? Oh, I know, through my blog. Newman!"
mom: I guess. On any computer. -insert culprit's name here- told me something about Alec being scared of pickles.
me: (laughing) On a computer? You mean on "the internets"?
mom: whatever, show me the picture

So, it seems that my mom has a mole that is coming into my blog and giving her the recaps. Nice. I know who you are. You know who you are and you know I know who you are. Stop it or I'll write about you. ;P

Anyway, my mom and my grandma made a little impromptu trip and are going to stay with us for a few days. It seems that my grandma is quite concerned that Rodrigo and the kids are malnourished. Why? Because I can't cook Mexican the way she can. I make "comida de Americanos". Not a good thing. My grandma came equipped with roasted green chiles and roasted jalapenos. Seriously. She is planning to make chiles rellenos, green enchiladas, refried beans (yes!) and real salsa. Enough so that we can freeze and I can be able to feed my family real food. Right now, I have to go buy some key ingredients she couldn't believe I didn't have at home i.e. cilantro.

I'll try to sneak in some posts these days. My mom likes to be on my computer playing solitaire and bejeweled. Hee, hee.

feeling: happy to have them here
listening to: something my grandma is watching

3 comments:

foodiechickie said...

LOOLL!!! I'm tempted to have a locked blog somedays. My parents call the internet the "computer" too. There are so many things I would like to say. And Niel is addicted to bejeweled. Should I worry?

Askazombiehousewife said...

I want to start getting all kinds of things to start cooking with.

S said...

My family doesn't even know about blogging. They're weird ;)