Wednesday, July 05, 2006

packing

I hope everyone's 4th of July holiday went well. Here it was pretty uneventful. We're in the middle of packing and getting things ready for the move. You know how that goes.
Last Friday we had an amazing day! Rodrigo and I had our appointment with the design center for our new house. We were total kids in a candy store! It was soooooo much fun being able to pick out everything just the way we like it. Here is a list of things we were able to chose. . .

- cabinets: length, wood and finish
- tile (areas of the house we wanted tiled and of course the tile itself)
- carpet (along with the padding)
- kitchen countertops, edging and backsplash
- sink and faucets for kitchen
- sink and faucets for bathrooms
- shower door
- shower wall
- lighting fixtures (style and color)
- doorknobs (style and color)
- paint color
- light switches
- appliances
- staircase stain
- railing or pony wall in loft
- grout (yes, we picked our grout)
- window treatments and ceiling fans (which we've decided to hold off on and coordinate later)

I feel like I'm missing something, but you get the idea. There are things that I'd never thought about like carpet pads and the color of grout and was pretty amazed at all the choices. Luckily, Rodrigo and I have very similar tastes and we both feel very happy with the choices we made. We were carrying around a cabinet door to match with carpet samples, tile, etc. I cannot express just how much fun it was. I was shocked at how many choices they had of everything. Our coordinator was amazingly sweet and helpful. I soooooo want that job.
That day we also went to our wiring place. Rodrigo was in dork heaven here. So, we set up for structured wiring and all the various techy things that he absolutely needs.
In addition to those meetings, we also met with our realtor and our lender. The next day we went to look at the rental we'll be in for six months and got some of that paper work out of the way. We've set up for utilities and are still trying to keep up with all the paper work that comes along with selling a house, moving to a different state, starting a new job, renting a house, going to a new school, and buying a new home.
There are so many things to do but we are very excited. These are going to be the longest six months of my life. . . . .

feeling: excited
listening to: Blue October (Hate Me) <-- I hate this song today, I'll hate this song tomorrow. :P

5 comments:

foodiechickie said...

How fun!!! Can't wait to see pics when everything is settled in a few months! Good luck with everything.

Yvett said...

Thank you, Ani! I've taken pictures of the whole process since I'm planning to make a scrapbook. I haven't uploaded any yet, though. I'll let you know as soon as I do!

Yvett said...

Ok, pictures are up now on Flickr.

S said...

that sounds like great fun! I'm on my way to see the pictures now :)

Nanette said...

Sounds exciting! :)