I promise this will be the last house, moving, packing, unpacking related post. I'm pretty sick of the subject myself. I just wanted to express how amazing I'm feeling now. I feel settled down. Finally. I can't remember when the last time that I felt like this. It's been years. In the back of my mind, I knew we would eventually have to move from where we were.
- Before Alec was born, we lived in a little two bedroom apartment. Of course I knew we wouldn't be there forever.
- Alec was born and we rented a house in an area that we really wanted to live in. Still, it was a rental and we knew we'd be moving.
- Then we bought a house. Although we all really liked our house, Rodrigo and I knew there might be a chance that we might move out of town.
- Rodrigo got a job in Arizona but we had to live in a temporary home for about a year while this house was being built.
- We finally moved in! No plans to move. Finally.
Ahh. . . . -sigh- For the longest time I felt like I was living on edge. Like waiting for something to happen. We were talking about how we had plans in our head that started with "as soon as we move into the new house . . . ." For one thing, I'm really happy to finally be able to unpack all my things. Pictures I had on the wall and such. Our rental home was so sterile. Now we can finally get to fixing up the yard, decorating the house however we want, not having to tell people that this isn't our permanent address, etc. If I were a puppy, this is the time where I'd be peeing all over, claiming my territory.
Ok, now that is out of my system, so no more house talk, ok?
-feeling: super relaxed
-listening to: RHCP (Hump de Bump)