Monday, December 17, 2007

now what?

Back in August, I wrote this post about how I was going to start reading the whole Harry Potter series. Well, I finished the books a little more than two weeks ago. I am really glad that I read them all consecutively like this. The only thing is that I was left wanting more. I feel like I was left hanging. There are soooo many questions that I have now. I've since read the interview given after the book and some of my questions were answered. For example what Harry, Ron and Hermione went on to do. Also, if Neville got married and to who (I was sure it was going to be Luna and instead it's Hannah). I guess I still have more questions, though.

- What happened to the Dursleys?
- Who did Teddy Lupin end up living with? His grandmother? Harry?
- What about Charlie Weasley? What happened with him?
- Who did Charlie, Percy and George marry if anyone?
- What became of the Malfoys?
- Did Harry, Ron and Hermione finish/graduate from Hogwarts?
- What about Hagrid?
- Who is the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor?
- What happened to Seamus, Dean, Lee Jordan, Katie, Angelina, Oliver Wood, Ernie all the ones that aren't mentioned in the end.

I hope she reconsiders one day and writes a whole "reunion" book. I'm sure I'm not the only dork, er, person that wonders these things.
Ok, so Rodrigo says that I have completely turned into a Harry Potter dork. I don't think so, but here are his reasons. I started reading the series all over again. This time I'm writing down each character, place, etc. and making notes. The reason is that I totally want to have a Harry Potter birthday party for Alec next year. I want to have little "shops" like Olivanders for wands and Honeydukes for candies. So it's a good reason, right? I was also saying how I wished they had a Hogsmeade/Hogwarts/Daigon Alley Christmas village. I'd love that. Another thing is that I've noticed a whole lot of inconsistencies in the movies. Now that we watch the movies, I start telling Rodrigo how that isn't what happened and tell him how it should really be.
So, for those of you who have read them, what was your favorite book? Favorite movie so far? I really liked book 3 and book 6 (Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix) As for movie #3, the movie does not do Lupin justice at all. He was a much more important character than that. I also don't like how Filch the caretaker is made into a comical sort of character. I thought of him as mean. In the most recent movie, I don't like how there was no mention of Ron and Hermione becoming prefects and no mention of Ron in the quidditch team.
Alright, I guess that's enough for now. I could stay here discussing Harry like a huge dork all day.

feeling: dorky
listening to: some song from Against Me

2 comments:

Jesser said...

LOL. I LOVE Harry Potter, so I am totally with you on this one. I wanna know allll of that and prolly some other stuff as well. I have no idea which book I liked the best. Aspects of most/all of them, I guess. I love the first time Harry goes to Diagon Alley. I love all of Prisoner of Azkaban. I love the Qudditch World cup and pretty much all scenes at the Burrow. Books 6 and 7 were amazing too ... I'm a HP dork m'self, I guess. ;o) I have all of them on MP3 and listen to them at least once a year.

Michelle said...

Someday I will read all the books again in consecutive order. And that says a lot, because I usually don't re-read books. Re: HP birthday party, I saw on Food Network they were covering a gingerbread house competition, and one of the houses was Diagon Alley! And they ended up winning the Teen category.