Monday, October 30, 2006

ornery yvett

Every now and then, I get a pain in my right wrist. It'll hurt for about a week and then just goes away. This has been happening for years but I haven't had it checked out for fear of the dreaded carpal tunnel. I've heard that some doctors are quick to label you as such. Anyway, it started hurting again I think on Saturday. Yesterday was worse and today it is still there. Not as bad as yesterday, but still there. This gets me in a really foul mood. I'm not walking around angry but I get really frustrated since I am not able to do things that I normally do without being in pain. It hurts to type, I am not able to open jars, iron, style my hair, put on make-up, just anything really. SUCK! I am really ornery this time because it is right before the start of the whole November writing thing. Ugh. Anyway, since I'm in an unpleasant mood, I thought I'd share with you a list of things I dislike ("hate" is closer to the truth).

Music
- The Killers <-- trite, trite lyrics and an unoriginal sound
- Nickelback <-- same as above but with lyrics that a 5 year old could write
- Evanescense <-- wah, wah, wah. nothing but whining
- The Pussycat Dolls <-- way to objectify women. plus they're trannies and have bad grammar

Celebrities
- Rush Limbaugh <-- every now and then he opens his big mouth and says something to remind me to hate him even more
- Catherine Zeta Jones <-- she lives in her own little world where she is queen of the world and married to her grandfather
- Jennifer Lopez <-- I never understood what the big deal was. I had blogged about her before here.
- Jessica Simpson <-- I had also blogged a bit about here here
- Bruce Willis <-- I don't know why he bothers me so much. I've disliked him since I was a little girl and he was on Moonlighting.

Random
- avocadoes. <-- I HATE them!
- the sound of clinking silverware against each other or against teeth
- bad customer service
- painful wrists.

I'm sure there are a whole lot more things that I can't stand. I just can't think of them all at once. Help me stop feeling like a grinch and tell me some of the things that you don't like.

feeling: you already know
listening to: Incubus Podcast

6 comments:

Jesser said...

LOL! Sorry your wrist hurts. But your complaints made me laugh. I am totally with you on evanescence (everyone was so gaga over them, i tried to listen and have regretted it ever since) and the pussycat dolls (not so familiar with the other two) ... and DEFFO on Rush. He's such an ass. Too bad about avacadoes. I lurrrrve them. ;) Hope your wrists feel better.

Yvett said...

Yeah, I get a lot of grief about avocadoes. I've always hated them and I think always will.

foodiechickie said...

Hope your wrist feels better soon. I'm with you on hating rush Rush. I don't like Evanessence and Nickleback but I don't think I hate then. I didn't like Avocadoes until recently.

Jessica said...

Hope your wrist feels better. I thought I was the only one who didn't like avocado!

Nanette said...

No Nickelback or Evanescence for me either. Eww, eww, eww!

Tina said...

For some reason, I love "ticked off" blogs! Your post made me smile. And I totally agree about Rush, biggest a-hole on the planet, besides Bill O'Reilly!